About the Book
It’s 1922 in the Manhattan of gin, jazz and prosperity. Women wear makeup and hitched hemlines – and enjoy a new freedom to vote and work. Not so Evelyn Lockhart, forbidden from pursuing her passion: to become one of the first female doctors.
Chasing her dream will mean turning her back on the only life she knows: her competitive sister, Viola; her conservative parents; and the childhood best friend she is expected to marry, Charlie.
And if Evie does fight Columbia University’s medical school for acceptance, how will she support herself? So when there’s a casting call for the infamous late-night Ziegfeld Follies on Broadway, will Evie find the nerve to audition? And if she does, what will it mean for her fledgling relationship with Upper East Side banker Thomas Whitman, a man Evie thinks she could fall in love with, if only she lived a life less scandalous?
Captivating, romantic and tragic, A KISS FROM MR FITZGERALD follows a young woman ahead of her time amid the fragile hearts and glamour of Jazz Age New York.
You can buy A Kiss from Mr Fitzgerald:
- Paperback: buy from Booktopia by clicking here
- Ebook: buy from Amazon by clicking here, or from iBooks by clicking here, or from Kobo by clicking here.
- Audiobook: buy from Audible by clicking here
What People Are Saying
- ‘Told evocatively through the lens of masterful imagery, Lester has delivered, what I believe, will be the stand-out novel of 2016.’ AusRom Today
- ‘I loved this book.‘ Rachael Johns, bestselling author of The Patterson Girls
- ‘An exquisite book.’ The West Australian
- ‘If you’re mad about the 1920s, and love all things Gatsby, this romance will have you enchanted.’ Women’s Day
- ‘A perfect blend of accessibility and literary prowess.’ Good Reading
- ‘A daring, captivating and tragic story told with charm, wit and more than a touch of Fitzgerald glamour.’ MiNDFOOD Magazine
- ‘I’m calling it, Natasha Lester is our generation’s Louisa May Alcott.‘ Tess Woods, award-winning author of Love at First Sight
- ‘I absolutely adored Natasha Lester’s book! What a GEM!‘ Sara Foster, bestselling author