A Kiss from Mr Fitzgerald
Captivating, romantic and tragic, A KISS FROM MR FITZGERALD follows a young woman ahead of her time amid the fragile hearts and glamour of Jazz Age New York.
‘If you’re mad about the 1920s, and love all things Gatsby, this romance will have you enchanted.’Women’s Day
It’s 1922 in the Manhattan of gin, jazz and prosperity. Women wear makeup and hitched hemlines – and enjoy a new freedom to vote and work. Not so Evelyn Lockhart, forbidden from pursuing her passion: to become one of the first female doctors.
Chasing her dream will mean turning her back on the only life she knows: her competitive sister, Viola; her conservative parents; and the childhood best friend she is expected to marry, Charlie.
And if Evie does fight Columbia University’s medical school for acceptance, how will she support herself? So when there’s a casting call for the infamous late-night Ziegfeld Follies on Broadway, will Evie find the nerve to audition? And if she does, what will it mean for her fledgling relationship with Upper East Side banker Thomas Whitman, a man Evie thinks she could fall in love with, if only she lived a life less scandalous?
- ‘If you’re mad about the roaring twenties and love all things Gatsby, this romance will have you enchanted.’ Woman’s Day
- ‘I loved this book.’ Rachael Johns, bestselling author of THE PATTERSON GIRLS
- ‘Stunning . . . Will have you captivated . . . Evie’s story is one you won’t forget.’ Liz Byrski, bestselling author
- ‘Evelyn’s story is full of drama, heartbreak and determination, and the setting of Manhattan in the early 20s is brought to glorious vivid life. I particularly loved the scenes when Evelyn was fighting to be allowed to study medicine – they rang really true for me’ Kate Forsyth
- ‘At the novel’s heart is the sparkling Evie, an endearing combination of intelligence, determination and naivety.’ West Australian
- ‘I absolutely adored Natasha Lester’s book! What a GEM!’ Sara Foster, bestselling author
- ‘A perfect blend of accessibility and literary prowess.’ – Good Reading
- ‘A thoughtful and engaging read, A Kiss from Mr Fitzgerald explores the true meaning of sacrifice and the importance of maintaining one’s integrity in the face of adversity.’ Books+Publishing
- ‘A daring, captivating and tragic story told with charm, wit and more than a touch of Fitzgerald glamour.’ MiNDFOOD
- ‘The stand-out novel of 2016.’ AusRom Today
- ‘Wonderful. I love this author. You will not be disappointed.’ Sally Hepworth
Buy the book
Select your region below
Australia & New Zealand
A Kiss from Mr Fitzgerald is available in paperback, ebook and audiobook.
- Buy the paperback from Booktopia by clicking here
- Buy the ebook from Amazon by clicking here
- Buy the ebook from iBooks by clicking here
- Buy the ebook from Kobo by clicking here
- Buy the audiobook from Audible by clicking here
- The paperback is also available in all good bookshops, as well as Target, Kmart and Big W.
United Kingdom (UK)
An In-Depth Interview
This interview is a great way to find out more about A Kiss from Mr Fitzgerald. In it, I talk about the writing process, the research process, what the book is about and so much more. I hope you enjoy!