The French Photographer
COMING MARCH 2019
Inspired by the incredible true story of Lee Miller, Vogue model turned one of the first female war photojournalists, the new novel by the bestselling author of The Paris Seamstress
‘Lester deftly darts from Paris in 1941 to New York.’The Australian Women's Weekly
North American Cover
Manhattan, Paris, 1942: When Jessica May’s successful modelling career is abruptly cut short, she is assigned to the war in Europe as a photojournalist for Vogue. But when she arrives the army men make her life as difficult as possible. Three friendships change that: journalist Martha Gellhorn encourages Jess to bend the rules, paratrooper Dan Hallworth takes her to places to shoot pictures and write stories that matter, and a little girl, Victorine, who has grown up in a field hospital, shows her love. But success comes at a price.
France, 2005: Australian curator D’Arcy Hallworth arrives at a beautiful chateau to manage a famous collection of photographs. What begins as just another job becomes far more disquieting as D’Arcy uncovers the true identity of the mysterious photographer — and realises that she is connected to D’Arcy’s own mother, Victorine.
Crossing a war-torn Europe from Italy to France, The French Photographer is a story of courage, family and forgiveness, by the bestselling author of The Paris Seamstress and A Kiss from Mr Fitzgerald.
- Lester deftly darts from Paris in 1941 to New York’ The Australian Women’s Weekly
- ‘Weaves real characters, events, places and a love of fashion into her captivating tale’ Herald Sun
- ‘A fantastically engrossing story. I loved it’ KELLY RIMMER, USA Today bestselling author
- Publishers Weekly Most Anticipated Books of the Year (The Paris Seamstress)
- Included in BookBub’s ‘Best Historical Fiction Fiction Coming this Fall’ (The Paris Seamstress)
- ‘This rich, memorable novel unfolds beautifully from start to finish.’ Publishers Weekly, Starred Review for The Paris Seamstress
- ‘Fascinating and impeccably researched. Gill Paul, author of The Secret Wife
- ‘Gorgeously rich and romantic.’ Kate Forsyth, author of Bitter Greens
- ‘If you’re looking for a swoon-worthy romance, then The Paris Seamstress is for you. Natasha Lester’s novel features not one but two love stories, spanning continents and centuries. … Fans of historical romance will eat this one up.’ Refinery29
Preorder the book
Select your region below
Australia & New Zealand
You can use the following links to preorder your copy of The French Photographer to be sure you receive it when it is published on 26 March, 2019: