Based on a true story.
A Paris spy. A secret code. A daring plan.
“The novel kept me up at night, turning the pages faster and faster, in order to be with its heroine Remy as she solved the mystery of an enigmatic painting and learned what happened to the Résistants who risked their lives to help others.”
The Riviera House
From the New York Times bestselling author comes this extraordinary masterpiece of historical fiction that will have you wiping tears from your face
Paris, 1939: While working at the Louvre, Eliane Dufort falls for talented painter Xavier. But when the Nazis occupy the city, Xavier leaves for England and Eliane must send her sisters to the country. Broken-hearted, she finds herself working with the mysterious Rose Valland on a dangerous secret mission for the French Resistance: to record all the priceless national treasures the Germans are stealing.
Present Day: Desperate to escape her grief, Remy Lang arrives at a stunning private estate on the French Riviera. While working on her vintage fashion business, she discovers a catalogue of artworks stolen during World War II and is shocked to see a painting that hung on her childhood bedroom wall in Sydney. Who is her family, really? And does the Riviera house hold more secrets than Remy is ready to face?
Lush, engrossing and deeply moving, this is the story of the brave women who worked against the Nazis, told by the international bestselling author of The Paris Secret and The French Photographer.
THE RIVIERA HOUSE is available in Australia/NZ on 1 September and in North America on 31 August.
How stunning is that tote bag! And it features one of my original fashion illustrations too!
The first 50 customers who preorder The Riviera House in paperback from the 4 participating bookstores will receive this exclusive, custom tote designed by me. There’s a limit one per customer, and your book will also come with a signed bookplate. So, to grab your copy, please click the link for your preferred bookstore:
Find Out More About THE RIVIERA HOUSE
Preorder the Book – North America
THE RIVIERA HOUSE will be available on 31 August, 2021 but you can preorder the book now at any of the following retailers:
Preorder the Book – Australia
THE RIVIERA HOUSE will be available on 1 September, 2021 but you can preorder the book now at any of the following retailers:
- “Beautifully written and intimately researched … Like the masterpieces she writes about, Lester adds rich layers and real depth to her characters, and fans of historical fiction and dual timeline novels will be mesmerised as connections are slowly revealed, building toward a heart wrenching finale. Magnifique!”—Hazel Gaynor, NYT bestselling author of When We Were Young & Brave
- “The novel kept me up at night, turning the pages faster and faster, in order to be with its heroine Remy as she solved the mystery of an enigmatic painting and learned what happened to the Résistants who risked their lives to help others.”—Janet Skeslien Charles, New York Times bestselling author of The Paris Library
- “A poignant and gripping story of love, sacrifice, and the power of art … Beautifully rendered and exquisitely detailed, The Riviera House is another stunning, spellbinding novel from Natasha Lester. Her best yet!”—Chanel Cleeton, New York Times bestselling author of Next Year in Havana
- “In her captivating exploration of the Nazis’ ruthless plunder of artwork during World War II and the daring, brilliant women who helped save priceless masterpieces, Natasha Lester has opened a door to the past that readers will not soon forget.” —Marie Benedict, New York Times bestselling author of The Mystery of Mrs. Christie
- “The Riviera House is a love letter to art in all its forms. With beautiful prose and immeasurable heart, Natasha Lester shows we must dare to love, in spite of fear, no matter the cost.”—Erika Robuck, national bestselling author of The Invisible Woman
- “Suspense, intrigue and self-sacrifice are at the heart of this fascinating story about artwork stolen by the Nazis, based on real people and true events.” —Ruth Druart, author of While Paris Slept
- “Natasha Lester tailors a sophisticated show-stopper of a novel … Powerful and moving, with important things to say about the value of art to humanity, Riviera House is a gorgeous novel, journey and destination.”—Stephanie Dray, New York Times bestselling author of The Women of Chateau Lafayette
- “Delectable and daring … fabulous fashion, unforgettable characters, vibrant masterpieces — and intrigue at every turn.” —Bryn Turnbull, author of Woman Before Wallis
- “A vivid, nuanced and deeply moving depiction of women’s courage in the face of unimaginable danger, sacrifice and loss. The Riviera House is a gripping story … A superlative work of historical fiction—Natasha Lester’s finest yet!”—Christine Wells, author of Sisters of the Resistance
- “Will delight fans of Kate Morton or anyone in need of a gorgeously wrought … tale of love, loss, courage, and compassion.”—Booklist, starred review, on The Paris Secret
- “Lester is a master storyteller. “—The Daily Telegraph on The Paris Secret