It’s 1922 in the Manhattan of gin, jazz and prosperity. Women wear makeup and hitched hemlines – and enjoy a new freedom to vote and work. Not so Evelyn Lockhart, forbidden from pursuing her passion: to become one of the first female doctors.
Chasing her dream will mean turning her back on the only life she knows: her competitive sister, Viola; her conservative parents; and the childhood best friend she is expected to marry, Charlie.
And if Evie does fight Columbia University’s medical school for acceptance, how will she support herself? So when there’s a casting call for the infamous late-night Ziegfeld Follies on Broadway, will Evie find the nerve to audition? And if she does, what will it mean for her fledgling relationship with Upper East Side banker Thomas Whitman, a man Evie thinks she could fall in love with, if only she lived a life less scandalous?
Captivating, romantic and tragic, A KISS FROM MR FITZGERALD follows a young woman ahead of her time amid the fragile hearts and glamour of Jazz Age New York.
Buy The Book in Australia and New Zealand
A Kiss from Mr Fitzgerald is available in paperback, ebook and audiobook.
- Buy the paperback from Booktopia by clicking here
- Buy the ebook from Amazon by clicking here
- Buy the ebook from iBooks by clicking here
- Buy the ebook from Kobo by clicking here
- Buy the audiobook from Audible by clicking here
- The paperback is also available in all good bookshops, as well as Target, Kmart and Big W.
Buy the Book in the UK
A Kiss from Mr Fitzgerald is available now in ebook in the UK, with the paperback to follow later in 2018.
- Buy A Kiss from Mr Fitzgerald at Amazon
- Buy A Kiss from Mr Fitzgerald at iBooks
- More buy links are available via my publisher’s website here
What People Are Saying
- ‘Told evocatively through the lens of masterful imagery, Lester has delivered, what I believe, will be the stand-out novel of 2016.’ AusRom Today
- ‘I loved this book.‘ Rachael Johns, bestselling author of The Patterson Girls
- ‘An exquisite book.’ The West Australian
- ‘If you’re mad about the 1920s, and love all things Gatsby, this romance will have you enchanted.’ Women’s Day
An In-Depth Interview
This interview is a great way to find out more about A Kiss from Mr Fitzgerald. In it, I talk about the writing process, the research process, what the book is about and so much more. I hope you enjoy!