How much will a young Parisian seamstress sacrifice to make her mark in the male-dominated world of 1940s New York fashion? From the bestselling author of A KISS FROM MR FITZGERALD and HER MOTHER’S SECRET.
1940. Parisian seamstress Estella Bissette is forced to flee France as the Germans advance. She is bound for Manhattan with a few francs, one suitcase, her sewing machine and a dream: to have her own atelier.
2015. Australian curator Fabienne Bissette journeys to the annual Met Gala for an exhibition of her beloved grandmother’s work – one of the world’s leading designers of ready-to-wear. But as Fabienne learns more about her grandmother’s past, she uncovers a story of tragedy, heartbreak and secrets – and the sacrifices made for love.
Crossing generations, society’s boundaries and international turmoil, THE PARIS SEAMSTRESS is the beguiling, transporting story of the special relationship between a grandmother and her granddaughter as they attempt to heal the heartache of the past.
The Paris Seamstress will be available in all good bookshops, in paperback, ebook and audio formats, on 27 March, 2018. But you can pre-order your copy now so that it arrives on publication day by clicking the links below!
- Pre-order The Paris Seamstress at Amazon
- Pre-order The Paris Seamstress at iBooks
- Pre-order The Paris Seamstress at Booktopia
- Pre-order The Paris Seamstress at Kobo
Praise for Natasha Lester
- ‘[Lester’s] engaging writing style and ability to create characters that connect with readers make her a welcome addition to the historical fiction market.’ Herald Sun
- ‘If you enjoy historical fiction (and even if you don’t) you will love this book’ SALLY HEPWORTH
- ‘I love this book’ RACHAEL JOHNS
- ‘Stunning. Will have you captivated’ LIZ BYRSKI
- ‘Fascinating, evocative and meticulously researched.’ ANNABEL ABBS, author of The Joyce Girl
- ‘If you’re mad about the roaring twenties and all things Gatsby, this romance will have you enchanted’ Woman’s Day
- ‘At the novel’s heart is the sparkling Evie, an endearing combination of intelligence, determination and naivety’ West Australian