How much will a young Parisian seamstress sacrifice to make her mark in the male-dominated world of 1940s New York fashion? From the bestselling author of A KISS FROM MR FITZGERALD and HER MOTHER’S SECRET.
1940. Parisian seamstress Estella Bissette is forced to flee France as the Germans advance. She is bound for Manhattan with a few francs, one suitcase, her sewing machine and a dream: to have her own atelier.
2015. Australian curator Fabienne Bissette journeys to the annual Met Gala for an exhibition of her beloved grandmother’s work – one of the world’s leading designers of ready-to-wear. But as Fabienne learns more about her grandmother’s past, she uncovers a story of tragedy, heartbreak and secrets – and the sacrifices made for love.
Crossing generations, society’s boundaries and international turmoil, THE PARIS SEAMSTRESS is the beguiling, transporting story of the special relationship between a grandmother and her granddaughter as they attempt to heal the heartache of the past.
Read a Sneak Peek Here!
If you’d like to read the first two chapters of The Paris Seamstress, you can do so here. Happy reading! I hope you enjoy it.
Buy Now – Australia
The Paris Seamstress is available now from all good bookshops in ebook, paperback and audiobook formats. You can find it at Big W, Kmart, Target, Dymocks and your local independent bookshop.
- Buy The Paris Seamstress at Amazon
- Buy The Paris Seamstress at iBooks
- Buy The Paris Seamstress at Booktopia
- Buy The Paris Seamstress at Kobo
Buy Now – UK
The ebook of The Paris Seamstress will be available in the UK from 27 March 2018, with the paperback to follow on 4 October 2018.
- Buy The Paris Seamstress at Amazon UK
- Buy The Paris Seamstress at iBooks UK
- More buy links can be found on my publisher’s website here
Pre-Order Links for the USA
The ebook and paperback of The Paris Seamstress will be available in the US from 18 September, 2018.
- Pre-order The Paris Seamstress at Amazon
- Pre-order The Paris Seamstress at Barnes & Noble
- Pre-order The Paris Seamstress at iBooks
- For more pre-order links, please take a look at my publisher’s website here
Praise for Natasha Lester
- ‘[Lester’s] engaging writing style and ability to create characters that connect with readers make her a welcome addition to the historical fiction market.’ HERALD SUN
- ‘Will have you enchanted.’ WOMAN’S DAY
- ‘It’s the emotional power in her writing that makes everything seem real, the love, the courage, the friendships, the drama and the romances. Lester has woven a fine, original story of everlasting quality.’ BETTER READING
- ‘Meticulously researched … the perfect blend of accessibility and literary prowess.’ GOOD READING
- ‘Stunning. Will have you captivated’ LIZ BYRSKI
- ‘Fascinating, evocative and meticulously researched.’ ANNABEL ABBS, author of The Joyce Girl
- ‘If you’re mad about the roaring twenties and all things Gatsby, this romance will have you enchanted’ Woman’s Day
- ‘At the novel’s heart is the sparkling Evie, an endearing combination of intelligence, determination and naivety’ West Australian